A Note To Site Visitors

If you have used any of the products we have reviewed please leave a comment regarding your experiences with them so that other visitors can get a better idea of their quality. We have done our best to represent the true quality of all reviewed products but without using them over a long period of time it's difficult to get a grasp on the long term reliability of said products.

Digital Stream DTX9950 TV Converter Box Owners Manual

OOPS! OWNERS MANUAL MISSING!!!

Unfortunately this users manual has been taken down from the hosting site for unknown reasons and we were unable to find a replacement.

If you are the owner of the Digital Stream DTX9950 converter box and you need information about operation or troubleshooting for your converter box you should check out the Digital Stream DTX9900 users manual. These boxes are nearly identical and their manuals should be almost exactly the same. If you have any questions that you cannot find the answer to in the owners manual about your digital converter box leave us a comment and we'll try to answer them for you.

Features:



  • Analog Pass-Through
  • Works With All ATSC Formats
  • Energy Star Compliant
  • V-chip Parental Controls and Closed Captioning
  • Current and Future Program Guide
  • Universal Remote
  • Multi-Lingual - French, Spanish, English
  • RF Output Via Channel 3 or 4
  • Auto or Manual Tuning
  • Auto Time Zone Settings
  • 21 comments :

    1. My Digitalstream (DTX9950) is all set up and running. I like it for the most part. However, I'm dismayed that I can't seem to get my VCR to record the digital programming that comes in through the converter box. I set up my converter box through the VCR deliberately so I could continue to record tv programming, but even when the converter box is on, the vcr will only record whatever it gets via analog signal. If someone can confirm for me that this converter box does not work with vcr's for recording digital signals, I'd appreciate it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I purchased a DTX9950 converter box from Radio Shack in February. I tried hooking up the box, but the TV still functioned okay without it, so I disconnected it until June 12th. When I went to reconnect the converter box, I had lost the remote. I returned to Radio Shack to get another one, but was told there were none available. A salesperson suggested I check their website (no luck there, either) to order a replacement. Can you put me in touch with the manufacturer of the DTX9950 so I can get another remote? Or would I be better off just getting a new converter box? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

      ReplyDelete
    3. i had direct tv lost job installed your box no manual or remote in box radio shack said i waited to long and could not give me a remote or manual box just says weak signal help please

      l

      ReplyDelete
    4. I would like to download the manual since I lost mine, but this page is all I get which , as far as I've been able to figure out, does NOT have a download link on it anywhere.

      ReplyDelete
    5. im samuel & my DTX9950 is blank, can't be turned off nor change channels. it happened before and i diconected from outlet and that worked. now i cannot reset it. is there an efective way to reset it?

      ReplyDelete
    6. How to connect a VCR to record a show when using a digital stream DTX 9950. Thank you.
      Pablo Hahn
      email: kf4rvx@verizon.net

      ReplyDelete
    7. How can I pragram the converter box remote to work with my tv??

      ReplyDelete
    8. I lost my owners manual to my DTX9950 converter box and I need the programming codes. Any help?

      ReplyDelete
    9. To replace a missing remote try: http://www.ezdigitaltv.com/Digital_STREAM_DTX9950.html

      The manuals are at Digitals Streams website you just have to search around a bit. You can start here http://www.dsconverter.com/

      ReplyDelete
    10. Have been using a magnavox converter since the digital change, but it is starting to die. Can't find a magnavox in my area anymore so I am trying the digital stream box from radio shack. The picture quality is great but it does not get the channels like the magnavox gets, just not as powerful I guess, the antenna wasn't moved, hooked the magnavox back up and the missing channels returned.What a terrible shame considering the picture quality was so good.
      Will have to keep searching for a new magnavox before this one totally shuts down.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I have a Digital Stream DTX9950 that is not working anywhere in my house. I have two tv"s upstairs and one downstairs. It does not work no any of them. The screen just dispays" weak signal". I have connected and reconnected it and it just doesn't work. Have I wasted my money? I purchased the attenae that Radio Shack suggested for it as well. HELP! Van Nuys, CA

      ReplyDelete
    12. Okay, I hooked up my TV (an older Panasonic)to the DTX9950 and got the remote programed and working, but cannot get the set-up wizard for the box to come up to complete programming. I've tried every variation and program code I could find, and still nothing. Help!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    13. I have hooked up my TV to the DTX9950 converter box through my cable provider rather than an antenna. On the set-up menu - input section, I do not get the "cable" option (as the owner's manual indicates), only the "air option. Any thoughts on how to program the box for cable?

      ReplyDelete
    14. id moved my antenna many times and all the times i have rescan i only get 3 channels

      ReplyDelete
    15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
    16. Does ambient heat have a bad effect on reception?

      ReplyDelete
    17. I have a DTX9950 converter box that I'm not sure if its faulty or not. I plug the cord up to a regular outlet and no power lights come on the box at all. Do I need to actually plug up to the TV and the power outlet before the box will power up or is this box not working. I just wanted to see if it works by plugging up to outlet. What do you think?

      ReplyDelete
    18. I lost my manual and I really love it if I could please get some help

      ReplyDelete
    19. I have a DTX9950 but I can not get any audio from it. Anybody got any ideas???

      ReplyDelete
    20. I need the program codes for a Toshiba tv so I can use the remote control from the dtv box DTX9950

      ReplyDelete
    21. I need the program codes for a Toshiba tv,so I can use the remote control from the dtv digital stream box DTX9950

      ReplyDelete

    Please do not spam our comments section. Only clean and family friendly comments will be approved. No profanity, and please be constructive. People not only want to hear that a product stinks or works great, they want to hear why.