A Note To Site Visitors

If you have used any of the products we have reviewed please leave a comment regarding your experiences with them so that other visitors can get a better idea of their quality. We have done our best to represent the true quality of all reviewed products but without using them over a long period of time it's difficult to get a grasp on the long term reliability of said products.

RCA DTA800B TV Converter Box Owners Manual



Check out the RCA DTA800B users manual if you are an owner of the RCA DTA800B and need support. If you are having operation or troubleshooting issues all the information you need is listed above. For more technical help you can contact the manufacturer for help. We will do our best if you want to leave some of your questions in the comment section below but can't promise to be able to help. For information on universal remote codes you can see the end of this manual where there are program codes for each and every television brand out there.

Technical Specifications


  • ASTC Compliant
  • Government Coupon Program Eligible
  • Energy Star Compliant
  • Channels 2-69
  • Works With All DTV formats
  • 3 Aspect Ratio Settings
  • Multicast Of Sub Channels
  • Electronic Program Guide
  • Closed Captioning In English, French, And Spanish
  • Smart Antenna Compatible
  • RF Input, RF Output
  • Video/Audio Output & Composite
  • Universal Remote Control
  • Parental Controls
  • 24 comments :

    1. I bought the RCA DTA800B converter box a month ago and have not been able to get it to work. There is no phone number to call at RCA for tech support. I am at my wits end! When I plug in the box, the yellow light comes on and I can't turn it off or change it to green. I tried the button on the box as well as the remote. After several attempts, the yellow light goes off and the box won't power up again. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

      ReplyDelete
    2. i need the program code for the remote contrl of a tv magnavox

      ReplyDelete
    3. We purchased 2 of these boxes when they first said the change was coming. Then they weren't used for several months due to the change in date. Now after using for seven months one has stopped working, and of course is no longer under warrenty. RCA will repair, but we have to pay for it, and with shipping will cost more than a new one. Rate this item as crap, and do not buy!

      ReplyDelete
    4. my volume doen't work in several channels only i lost the remote cant scan for channels

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have two of these and they both work satisfactorily. Not great but OK. Every once in a while, the channel freezes and the sound drops out when I am changing channels and I have to power off to get it working again. I was actually looking online to see if there is a firmware upgrade that can be applied...

      ReplyDelete
    6. I have a dta800b and remote stopped controling my Samsung tv i need the codes for remote control please

      ReplyDelete
    7. I have a RCA DTA800 converter box. someone posted the following comment on June 27, 2009: When I plug in the box, the yellow light comes on and I can't turn it off or change it to green. I tried the button on the box as well as the remote. After several attempts, the yellow light goes off and the box won't power up again. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

      I have the exact same question--was there a reply to that question somewhere on the site I couldn't find?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thanks for the online manual I couldnt remember the sequence to re program the remote to link the box to the TV it seems to " lose it " every few months

      ReplyDelete
    9. The book is fine but there are no codes to control the TV.

      ReplyDelete
    10. How do you reset the controller to work with the box? It worked a few months ago, moved and now it won't work.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I bought 2 of these before the change hit. When I hooked them up they seemed to work fair, but the video quality was that of very old VCR tapes. Bleeding reds and grainy looking. That was on both dta800b units. One of the units had never been able to lock in on the local CBS station at all, so I was only able to watch that channel in one room now. I lived with it and recently purchased a flat screen hdtv and found a dozen more local channels these RCA units wont even try to find.

      My personal opinion is they are not worth the money, and since these were the early models available and usually the only one for many months at the big box nation wide retailers I am sure many were purchased on the Gov $40 purchasing cards, I think the US gov should get involved and make RCA give everyone who bought one a new working unit. I doubt the US gov even cares though.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Bought 2 of the RCA DTA800 with the government coupons before the change hit. Both worked fine for about six months and I was satisfied with channel selection and picture quality. I could pick up Fox in the beginning but after the television stations in our area official changed from analog to digital, I could no longer get Fox. After a few months, problems started with sound going off and having to reset the box by turning it off and turning it back on to make it work. This was no big deal just frustrating. Then one of the boxes would not go from standby to on unless it was plugged out and plugged in again. (The auto off feature on both boxes has always been in the off position as I want to turn on and off my tv at my own choosing.) Now the second box has started doing the same thing. I reset it according to the instructions using the PGM key on the remote (I have my instruction manual and the list of tvs with their number codes.) The converter box still did not work. I unplugged it and waited for 10 minutes, plugged it back in and the green light came on for 5 seconds and then the box went back to standby. Unplugged it a second time and waited 10 minutes with no success. Getting tired of always having to deal with these issues, 6 months ago I went back to the Big Box Store and bought a Magnavox TB110MW9 for about 20 bucks more and have been able to pick up 3 more channels using only rabbit ears antenna and have not had any problems whatsoever. However, I still do not receive the Fox channel. Today I will replace my second RCA box with a Magnavox Totally agree with anonymous comment May 4, 2011. Don't waste your money on RCA; spend a little more and get better quality and more peace of mind. Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion. Carolyn

      ReplyDelete
    13. How can this site be helping anyone if all postings are problems.
      I have not seen a single solution posted.
      (This was the problem and this will fix it.)
      Txs.

      ReplyDelete
    14. does anyone have the code to program my philips universal control to my rca digital box model#stb7766c

      ReplyDelete
    15. Could someone post the codes for an Emerson TV so I can program my converter remote to my TV thanks a lot.

      ReplyDelete
    16. google or see the user manual on top, scroll to the last page; there, look up for your Tv's brand and programing code.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Does anyone know how to do a channel scan? The converter has already been set up and is working but there is a local channel I can't seem to get.

      ReplyDelete
    18. thanks for the tip but you shouldn't have wasted your time typing. there are no codes in the manual. Maybe know what you're talking about before you type.

      ReplyDelete
    19. I need the program code for ORION TV

      ReplyDelete
    20. Mine always overheated. I cut a hole in it and put a heatsink and cooling fan and works great now.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Mine always overheated. I cut a hole in it and put a heatsink and cooling fan and works great now.

      ReplyDelete
    22. I can not get the volume to work with the converter box. I tried all the codes but no luck. I'm using an Electohome tv ; codes 003, 005 ,017, 018, & 274 that's the rca codes for this model. Is the problem the box or the tv ?

      ReplyDelete
    23. I bought a box and it scans and keeps saying it found 0 channels how do I get it to work

      ReplyDelete
    24. How do i reprogram my remote after changing batteries?

      ReplyDelete

    Please do not spam our comments section. Only clean and family friendly comments will be approved. No profanity, and please be constructive. People not only want to hear that a product stinks or works great, they want to hear why.